Mount Zion partners with area employers to share open job opportunities. If you are interested in receiving the weekly job eblasts, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH RESOURCE
Listed below are job opportunities available for your consideration. To obtain more information about each employment opportunity, you will need to follow the directions provided. They will lead you to more details.
Reaching for Manifestation,
Bishop Joseph W. Walker, III
Job Listings for Week of June 14th, 2013
Contact www.nashville.gov for interest in these positions:
- Program Specialist 3 - Special Events Coordinator - Salary - $42k+ - Apply by 6/6/13.
- Treatment Plant Tech 1 0 Metro Water - Salary - $32k - $38k+ - Apply by 6/6/13.
- Technical Specialist 1 - Helicopter Mechanic - Salary - $47k+ - Apply by NA
- Professional Specialist - Disability Compliance Lead - Salary - $47k+ - Apply by 6/12/13.
- Program Manager II - Family Support Unit - Salary - $51k+ - Apply by 6/12/13.
Contact the YWCA at email@example.com for interest in these positions:
- Volunteer Services Manager - who must be creative, fun and mission-focused to be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our volunteer program. Bachelor’s degree, plus two years of experience in volunteer management and training required.
- Vice President of Development - who must provide leadership, strategy, planning and guidance for the comprehensive fundraising efforts and day-to-day management of all development-related programs, helping the YWCA achieve strategic and tactical business goals. Bachelor’s degree + 7 years of demonstrated success in business development leadership at a senior level; Master’s preferred.
Contact the American Red Cross at www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com to locate employment opportunities in health. No paper applications will be accepted.
METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE & DAVIDSON COUNTY
SALARY: $72,564.84 - $82,239.54/Annually
ISSUE DATE: June 12, 2013
FINAL FILING DATE: June 19, 2013
This position performs managerial and supervisory duties involved in overseeing and directing the day-to-day activities of the Enterprise Applications division in the ITS department. This position is responsible for the design, implementation and support of all activities related to Metro's Enterprise Applications (Imaging, iProcurement, Land and Permit Management and Tax), Oracle and Access databases and integrations with related systems with related systems. (EBS and GIS as two examples). Performs any supporting duties as required to manage and support these applications.
Information Technology Services (IT) is a 24x7 information technology shop. Applicants must be willing and available to perform duties as required by the job. Due to the nature of the work, this job will require hours beyond normal work hours.
***Your resume must be attached to the application in order to be considered***
*** This list will expire in six (6) months ***
- Manages a staff of technical employees serving Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County Departments & Agencies
- Researches and develops solutions to meet customer requirements and presents alternatives to upper management
- Serve as primary interface with client management from multiple Metro departments
- Meets with customers to explore problem areas or opportunities for improvements in information handling requirements
- Identifies and leads resolution of problems to provide better service to information technology customers
- Leads staff responsible for the design, implementation and support of all activities related to the supported enterprise applications and interfaces
- Evaluates division employees performance; counsels and disciplines employees as needed
- Performs all activities related to staff management including assign and review work, interpret rules, policies and procedures and administer leave requests
- Work in coordination with the executive leadership of the ITS department to develop short and long-term goals for the division
- Prepare and communicate weekly status reports for client, Executive Leadership and team resources
- Recommends operating and capital budget, prepares and presents appropriate business justification, and administers the budget for the division
- Determines division staff, training and equipment needs consistent with budget and goals
- Leads in review of performance at a division and employee level and in relation to service delivered to the customer
- Assists in development and application of security policies, procedures and practices, particularly as they apply to supported enterprise applications and interfaces
- Develops and implements rules, policies, procedures, and standards within established guidelines for division
- Presents technical material to technical and non-technical audiences
- Prepares written and oral reports across all levels of Metro
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and five (5) years of experience in systems development, computer operations, technical support, PC network support or communications, including three (3) years of experience in management or as a team lead.
- Valid “Class D” Driver’s License
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive experience in Employee Management including: planning, selection and performance evaluations, coaching and employee discipline, establishing staffing requirements, developing staff training programs, and implementing policies and procedures
- Knowledge of standard project management methodology
- Thorough experience supporting users in a production environment
- "Hands-on" technical experience overseeing the development, implementation, usage, and maintenance of multiple information technology solutions for multiple and varied customer departments
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of customer service and commitment to providing excellent customer service
Candidate must receive and maintain a status of “pass” from Metro Nashville Police Department (MNPD) background check.